As an agency, you sometimes get requests from a potential client that goes beyond the services you’re able to offer. They need something very specific to their business or workflow that can’t be handled by any WordPress plugin out there.
Often times, this means passing on a project. You don’t want to take on a project that isn’t a good fit your agency’s skills. One that you know won’t meet the high standard of quality you’ve set for the work you do.
Other successful agencies may get requests for projects while they’re already operating at full capacity. Again, this means turning clients (and that revenue) away.
This is where I can help!
I work with WordPress agencies as a freelance developer resource, focusing mostly on creating custom plugins, extending already available plugins, or making several plugins work together as needed. I also specialize in third-party API integrations with WordPress.
I can also help train and improve your existing developers by doing code reviews and audits, cleaning up existing code, and mentoring junior developers.
Here are some examples of the types of projects I’ve done that I like to work on:
- An agency contacted me when they needed to create an export of User Meta data to be put into an export file that was sent to a credit reporting agency.
- Adding a custom workflow with LearnDash and Gravity Forms that gave users the option to purchase a certificate of completion or generate coupon codes.
- Reviewing and enhancing customer provided code to a company selling a paid plugin that could then be offered as a supported add-on.
- Developed a custom plugin to consume a “daily deals” API feed into a WordPress based coupon site.
- Integrated Commission Junction affiliate tracking code into a WooCommerce store.
Working with me you can expect well documented code that follows WP Coding Standards, detailed requirements, wireframes (for feedback), initial code for user testing, enhancements, final deliverables, deployment help and ongoing support.
I am comfortable communicating directly with your client, or working only through and offer flexible invoicing options.